About The Moonee Valley Art Show
Funds raised by the Mooney Valley Art Show are totally used for a variety of Community Projects. In giving Amateur and Professional Artists the opportunity to present their work in this important event, funds generated are utilised for the benefit of the community.
The Rotary Club of Keilor East and the Rotary Club of Essendon are just two of over 34,000 Rotary clubs around the world, Rotary International forms a global network of business, professional, and community leaders who volunteer their time and talents to serve communities locally and around the world – and form strong, lasting friendships in the process.
Rotary clubs exist to improve communities through a range of humanitarian, intercultural and educational activities. Because Rotary is established in over 180 countries, clubs advance international understanding by partnering with clubs in other countries. Rotary clubs are open to people of all cultures and ethnicities and we are not affiliated with any political or religious organizations.
Rotarians donate all their time and skills to their projects. This means that 100 % of profits from the Moonee Valley Art Show will be distributed amongst local and international projects.
The choice of projects for the Rotary Clubs of Essendon and Keilor East are guided by Rotary International’s 7 areas of focus:
• Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
• Disease prevention and treatment
• Water and sanitation
• Maternal and child health
• Basic education and literacy
• Economic and community development
• Environment and Sustainabilty
Locally such projects include:
• Essendon & Brimbank Bicycle Education School
• Caroline Chisholm Society
• Strathmore Men’s Shed
• Relay for Life
• Youth programs
International projects include:
• World polio eradication
• Clean water programs
• Days for Girls (hygiene kits)
• Donations in Kind (recycling goods to people in need)
• Educational and medical support in Peru,
Myanmar, Philippines and Cambodia