TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTERING THE MOONEE VALLEY ART SHOW
- The Fees and Key Dates (refer Submission Information) are an integral part of these terms and conditions.
- Entries for consideration will be accepted in accordance with the Key Dates.
- By submitting your works through our online process you enter into an agreement with The Rotary Club of Keilor East Inc. and The Rotary Club of Essendon Inc. hereafter referred to as 'the Organisers' and you agree to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Only wall based paintings or drawings will be accepted. Photographs, paper, sculptures, mosaics, metal work, resin or mixed media works will not be accepted. All media will be accepted.
- Works having any dimension greater than 120cm (inclusive of frame) or having an overall size (inclusive of frame) greater than 1.0 square metre will not be accepted. (For example, works inclusive of framing, of 120cm x 80cm, 90cm x 110cm and 100cm x 100cm and smaller will all be considered for acceptance. But works inclusive of framing of 125cm x 30cm, 120cm x 90cm, 100cm x 110cm and larger will NOT be accepted). No changes in size or framing will be accepted after the Closing Date for Submissions.
- Framing is not mandatory but all works must be of durable material. All works must be wired ready for hanging (hooks not acceptable) and with the identifying label supplied by the Organisers which includes the allocated number of the art work affixed to the rear of the work. Works presented that are not wired, will, at the discretion of the Organisers be rejected and no refunds will be paid.
- Each work must be the original un-copied work of the exhibitor and have been executed during the 18 months preceding the Opening Date for Submissions.
- It is a condition of entry that all entries must be for sale at a price nominated by the exhibitor and that the nominated price is inclusive of GST where applicable. Works accepted into the Art Show will be sold at the price in G247 at Closing Date for Submissions. Our catalogue is then produced based on the price in G247. Any subsequent changes will not be reflected in our catalogue and works will be sold at the catalogued price. Under no circumstances will the Organisers be liable for any claims against it for changed pricing.
- You may submit any number of works for consideration for acceptance into the show, each submission attracting a Fee. The Organisers, whose decision is final, will accept up to five works from any one artist. All accepted works will be displayed.
- Additional works may be accepted at the sole discretion of the Organisers.
- Artists will be notified by G247, where possible, by both email and text message when their work has been accepted for hanging. Artists must ensure correct (email/phone) are registered with Gallery 247.
- Artists whose work has been accepted will receive two free tickets to any public opening day (not including the Gala Preview Evening). Artists are required to present their Delivery Docket at the front gate to obtain their free tickets.
- Artists authorise the Organisers to photograph and/or publish their work for the purposes of producing a catalogue or otherwise promoting the show by any means.
- Artists shall permit their works to remain on display for the duration of the exhibition.
- Artists (or their agent) need to bring the Delivery Docket with them when delivering and collecting their art work.
- All works for the Physical Art Show must be delivered to the art exhibition receiving panel at North Park Mansion, Saint Columbans Mission, 69 Woodland Street, Essendon, 3040, on the designated date and time. Artists need to arrange with any courier service as to the date/time that their works need to be delivered to their depots. Artists need to ensure any courier / pack & send service does NOT attempt to deliver the works prior to designated date or time.
- Artists accept responsibility for freight and other charges incurred in the delivery or return of an entry. of any sold works.
- Artists and purchasers must collect their works on the designated dates, as no storage facilities are available after these times.
- If the Artist authorises an agent to deliver or collect unsold works, this authority must be stipulated as part of the online entry process.
- Prizes will be awarded in designated categories detailed on the show website. Such prizes are at the sole discretion of the Organisers and/or the appointed judge, and no artwork will be eligible for more than one prize. The Organisers reserve the right to not award a prize for any category with less than 10 entries.
- Payment of submission fees will be made at the time of submission, and acceptance fees are payable at the time of acceptance. All such fees are non-refundable.
- There will be strictly no correspondence, written or verbal, entered into regarding the judges decisions.
- The Organisers will exercise reasonable care in handling the works accepted, but will not be responsible for the loss of or any damage to any works while in the custody of or while in transit to or from the Organisers. Insurance against any loss, damage, fire and theft on individual works whilst in the Organiser's custody or in transit is the Artist’s responsibility and is recommended by the Organisers.
Additional Terms and Conditions for the Virtual online show
- By entering you agree to abide by the provisions of the G247 Returns and Money Back Guarantee policy.
- When a work is sold on line, on its dispatch you will log on to Gallery 247 and signify that the work has been dispatched, together with its dispatch details.
- Payment for works sold on line will be made directly to your designated bank account not sooner than 10 days after you have dispatched the work, and not later than 21 days after dispatch. Such remittance is subject to the purchaser not having raised a dispute.
- You agree to ship, at your cost, any works sold adequately packed to prevent damage in transit.
- If you elect to use an uninsured carrier when shipping sold works, or if you elect to self-insure goods in transit, then all costs arising in the event of a claim will be borne by you.
By entering this art exhibition you acknowledge that the Organisers are entitled to 25% commission on all sales effected by them, and that you have read and understood the above conditions of entry and agree to be bound by them. Commissions are payable on the total sale price, which includes any delivery and packaging charges payable by the Artist.